Lifestyle changes you need to make to keep hair fall away.
In addition to the home remedies, there are certain other lifestyle changes you can make and tips you can follow to keep hair fall away.
- Balanced Diet
- A balanced diet goes a long way in maintaining the overall health, including hair health. To combat hair fall, it is important to incorporate a balanced diet.
- Put greater emphasis on the intake of vitamins, calcium, and iron as they can prevent hair fall to a great extent.
- Insufficient protein and iron intake are some of the common causes of hair fall.
- In addition to these, vitamins are also good for your hair.
- Vitamin A, being an antioxidant, promotes healthy production of sebum in your scalp.
- It stimulates blood circulation in the scalp, thus keeping your hair follicles productive.
- The B vitamins aid in the production of melanin, which imparts a healthy color to your hair.
- It also stimulates blood circulation.
- Thus, having a balanced diet comprising of essential nutrients can significantly lessen hair fall.
- Incorporate fish, green vegetables, iron-rich fruits, milk, and milk products in your diet.
- Hot Oil Treatment
- Massage your hair with lukewarm oil regularly at least once a week.
- In addition to its inherent goodness, it will improve blood circulation in your scalp.
- Always oil your hair from root to tip.
- You can use almond, olive or coconut oil for your hair.
- Massage your scalp with your hand for a couple of minutes.
- Put on a shower cap for an hour and then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- For greater effects, you can add a few drops of rosemary, lavender, bay or peppermint essential oils to almond or sesame oil base.
- Keep Your Scalp Clean
A dirty scalp is always prone to infections. Make it a point to regularly shampoo and condition your scalp with reliable products. Keeping your hair clean will prevent dandruff problems. It will also keep itching and hair lice at bay which are among the main causes of hair fall.
- Besides washing, hair should be brushed properly.
- You should also regularly trim your hair to prevent the tearing of hair and avoid split ends.
- A wide-toothed comb should be used.
- Blow drying should be avoided as far as possible because the heat generated can cause damage to your hair.
- Avoid combing wet hair immediately after having a bath.
- Follow a Healthy Lifestyle
An unhealthy lifestyle is also one of the causes of hair fall. So it is important to incorporate a few changes to make it conducive for healthy hair growth.
- Mental stress is one of the major contributing factors for hair fall.
- Practicing meditation is a great way to ease mental stress and restore hormonal imbalance.
- Proper sleep is also vital for overall health including hair health.
- Using too much heat and chemicals on the hair should be avoided.
- If you are using a hair gel, make sure you wash it off the very next day.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol as much as possible.
- Say No To Junk Food
It has been proven time and again that consumption of junk food can cause hair fall.
Junk food contains excessive calories and no essential nutrients, which can eventually lead to hair loss. You can, instead, switch to including more of green leafy vegetables, protein-rich foods, and fruits in your diet.
- Be Gentle With Wet Hair
Wet hair is more prone to breakage, which is why you must be gentle while handling it. The best way to dry wet hair is to pat it with a dry towel, instead of rubbing it harshly.
- Exercise Regularly
Regular exercise enhances blood circulation and improves the flow of oxygen to your scalp, thereby controlling hair fall. Ideally exercise for about 30 minutes a day, five times a week.
- Stay Hydrated
Drinking sufficient water is one more way of keeping hair fall at bay. Owing to our busy and sedentary lifestyles, we seldom remember the importance of keeping ourselves hydrated. Drink about six to eight glasses of filtered water on a regular basis.
- Trim Your Hair Regularly
Split ends can also cause hair to fall. To avoid this, keep trimming your hair periodically.
- Avoid Steamy Showers
Hot water dehydrates the hair strands, making them brittle and vulnerable to breakage. Rinsing your hair with hot water also flushes out the essential oils of the scalp, which can lead to increased shedding of hair. You can, instead, go for a shower with lukewarm or normal water.
- Stay Away From Hot Styling Tools
Exposing your hair to high temperatures can destroy the vital proteins and damage your hair’s protective cuticles. When this happens, the moisture balance of your hair gets disrupted, making it susceptible to breakage.
Ideally, you can limit the usage of hot styling tools (including your blow-dryer) to not more than twice a week. Also, make it a point to apply a heat protection spray to reduce friction and protect your hair.
- Don’t Wash Your Hair Too Less (Or Too Much)
You can skip shampoo for a day, but make sure that doesn’t become a habit. Not washing your hair for days together can lead to the accumulation of dirt, oil, and product residue that can clog the pores in your scalp.
On the other hand, washing your hair too often (washing every day) might remove the essential oils your scalp needs. The best you can do is wash your hair every two days, more so if you are prone to excessive sweating and use many hair products. Use a sulfate-free shampoo to prevent excessive dryness.
By following the above natural hair growth remedies, you will definitely experience noticeable results. However, if none of these remedies are working, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist before the condition worsens. Certain medical treatments are also available, such as hair transplant, hair restoration, stem cell treatment, and hair extensions. You can go for these procedures but only after proper consultation with your dermatologist.
Hair fall might be a serious problem. But like most serious problems out there, it can be prevented and treated with simple home remedies. Follow the above tips, and you will never have to worry about hair loss again!
Hope you liked the article. Please leave a comment in the box below.